Overview of the Main Activities of AMK
Marketing & Public Relations
Stimulating demand for modern, custom-fitted kitchens:
- Consumer publication AMK Ratgeber Küche (AMK Kitchen Companion)
- Preparation of sound, manufacturer-neutral information for the trade and general press
- Patronage of “Kitchen Day” (“Tag der Küche”)
- Definition of standards for modern kitchens with respect to ergonomics, comfort, energy efficiency etc.
Internationalisation of AMK’s association work, products and services – wherever this is of benefit to member companies – through the establishment and maintenance of an international network of associations and organisations:
- Support for export activities
- Participation in the preparation and promulgation of international standards and regulations
Technology & Standardisation
Participation in the preparation and promulgation of standards, guidelines and regulations for kitchens to prevent costs attributable to defects and complaints:
- AMK technical bulletin and user guides
- AMK/BVDM Ratgeber Küche (AMK/BVDM Kitchen Companion) – kitchen care
- Participation in national and international standards committees
- Ongoing dialogue with independent technical inspectors and testing institutes
Participation in the creation of ideal conditions in which to present the products of AMK members at trade fairs in Germany and abroad.
AMK supports the international kitchen fair LivingKitchen in Cologne.